H2020 NETCHER Project
Call for Posters!
Combatting Illicit Trafficking of Cultural Property – New Weapons in an Old Fight
Event date: 01-02/03/2021
Application deadline: 31/01/2021
Selection date: 07/02/2021 Location: Online
Working language: English
Organising institutions: NETCHER
Aims and content
For our closing event on 1st and 2nd March 2021, we will be organizing a poster exhibition on the topic: “Combatting Illicit Trafficking of Cultural Property – New Weapons in an Old Fight”. The posters will be part of a virtual exhibition to be published on the project website. In addition, the participants are asked to present their poster in 120 seconds in a virtual poster slam during the closing session of the first day of the Forum.
Both stakeholders involved in related projects and early-career researchers are invited to participate. Bringing together partners and new actors in the fight against illicit trafficking around the same event will further our understanding of contemporary issues and new avenues of research in this field.
Topics to be addressed are:
- Traffic Channels and Actors
- Provenance and Traceability
- Preservation and Reconstruction
- Return and Restitution
- Education and Awareness
- Operational and Legal Interventions
Submission and expected layouts
The poster shall be sent no later than 31st January 2021;
- It will present an ongoing professional or research project;
- It shall be related to one of the topics presented above;
- While participants may submit their poster in traditional format (A1 or A0 as PDF), we strongly encourage the use of innovative, interactive formats. However, the amount of content should not exceed what can be displayed on a traditional poster.
Who can apply?
We are inviting professionals in charge of projects related to the fight against illicit trafficking of cultural property, as well as early-career researchers working in this field to submit a poster for NETCHER’s Final Forum.
Language: participants should be able to converse and write in English fluently.
How to apply?
- Send your PDF before 31st January 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- The posters selected will be announced on 7th February 2021;
- An appointment will be made with selected candidates to discuss their presentation and then record it;
- The recordings will then be presented during the slam at the end of Day 1 of the Final Forum.