NETwork and Social platform for Cultural Heritage Enhancing and Rebuilding
NETCHER – NETwork and Social platform for Cultural Heritage Enhancing and Rebuilding is a project funded by the 8th Framework Programme of the European Union for Research and Innovation – Horizon 2020.
The last decades have witnessed a variety of initiatives, promoted by a diverse set of actors engaged in the protection of endangered cultural heritage and in countering illicit trade, aimed at providing methods and approaches to address looting and trafficking. NETCHER seeks to address the complex challenge of harmonizing and bringing together these worthy, but often disconnected initiatives through a participative approach that will result in the setting-up of a structured network (Collaborative Platform) drawing together a broad range of players such as international and umbrella organizations, national authorities and public policy makers, researchers, NGOs as well as public and private organizations. As a collaborative platform, NETCHER proposes a participative model for the process of research exploring, formulation and implementation of relevant policies and practices in Europe to serve these ends.
NETCHER is coordinated by the HiSoMA-CNRS laboratory, and the participant entities and other members of the consortium are Università Ca’ Foscari Venezia and Fondazione Ca’ Foscari; Deutsches Archäologisches Institut – DAI; Ecole Nationale Supérieure de la Police – ENSP et Université de Technologie de Troyes; Capital High Tech SARL; Michael Culture and INTERARTS.
NETCHER aims to:
- Stimulate support, interaction and participation between all cultural heritage preservation stakeholders
- Help the consortium to gather all stakeholders related to cultural heritage preservation and to fight against illicit trafficking of cultural goods, and make them join the network.
- Promote the project and its outputs at European and International level, toward general public, specialized communities and policy makers.
- Create sustainability beyond the termination of the project.
- Foster cross-fertilization.
- Enlarge the benefits of the project towards communities and projects other than those of NETCHER.
The MAIN ACTIVITIES are:
- Project management
- Worldwide state-of-play and thematic workshops
- Network construction
- Communities education
- Collaborative platform construction
- Routes for international cooperation
- Dissemination and awareness
Duration of the project: 24 months.
- Previous News: Interarts seeks parterships – H2020 Call for Proposals
- Previous News: NETCHER – The Social Platform
- Previous News: NETCHER Kick-off Meeting
- CNRS – The Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
- HiSoMa – Histoire et Sources des Mondes Antiques,
- ENSP – École Nationale Supérieure de la Police
- Capital High Tech
- UNIVE – Università Ca’ Foscari di Venezia
- MCA – Michael Culture Association